Targets for economic and social development in 2017
The district government has set a GDP growth target of 6.5 percent in 2017, and 7 percent and 8 percent growth in fiscal revenue and district-level income respectively, compared to last year. The district aims to add 30,000 new jobs this year. The average disposable income of residents is expected to grow along with the local economy at the same pace. The expenditure in social research and development should be equal to 6.5 percent of the district GDP. The energy consumption per unit of GDP and emission of major pollution in the district should continue to fall to meet the targets set by the city government.
The governmental projects in 2017
1. To set up 15 pilot “Beautiful Villages.”
2. To complete construction of 30 “Beautiful Homeland” demonstration communities.
3. To complete the renovation of rainwater and sewage facilities in old communities of 1.5 million square meters.
4. To connect 10 unconnected roads.
5. To build and renovate 6,000 parking spaces.
6. To construct ecological fitness paths of 20 kilometers and install road lamps on fitness paths of 15 kilometers which has been put into use.
7. To add 20 neighborhood centers.
8. To construct 6 comprehensive senior care service centers in communities and renovate 3 nursing areas for mentally and physically disabled seniors.
9. To add 10 high-performance ambulances with equipment onboard.
10. To open 45 non-profit summer vacation nursery classes for primary school students.