To implement the development strategy of Shanghai high-tech industries, promote the accelerated development of six main high-tech industries of new energy, civil aerospace, advanced major equipment, bio-medicine, electronic information, new materials, promote the economic development mode transformation and economic restructuring in Minhang District, this policy advice is hereby formulated in accordance with <Advice to Accelerate Implementation of High-tech Industrialization Policy> (MFF  13), <Implementation Advice on Application of Scientific Outlook on Development to Further Advance the Scientific and Technological Innovation and Research Results Industrialization> (MFF  6) and three-year plan of action for six main high-tech industries.
This advice applies to the enterprises in high-tech industry field registered and paying taxes in this district such as new energy, civil aerospace, advanced major equipment, bio-medicine, electronic information, new materials, smart grid, new energy vehicles as well as related institutions of higher learning, research institutes and other units related to above high and new technological industry and individuals.
2 Universal Policies
(1) The 47 policies in <Implementation Advice on Application of Scientific Outlook on Development to Further Advance the Scientific and Technological Innovation and Research Results Industrialization>
(2) Set Up special funds for major projects of high-tech industrialization
In accordance with spirit of “Notice of <Opinions on Further Advancing the Scientific and Technological Innovation and High-tech Industrialization”（HFW9号） issued by Shanghai Municipal Party Committee of CPC, Shanghai Municipal People's Government and with reference to <Management Method on Special Fund for Major Projects of Independent Innovation and Development of High-tech Industry in Shanghai> (SFF House  38), finance of two levels of the District and town (sub-district, Xinzhuang Industrial Park) will set up a special fund for Major Projects of High-tech industrialization in the Minhang District in definite proportions and formulate <Management Method on Special Fund for Major Projects of High-tech industrialization in the Minhang District>.
1) Fund size:
In accordance with the Shanghai requirements for special support fund for high-tech industrialization, the District finance will increase input based on original policy support and add off-budget RMB 700 million yuan to set up special funds fund from 2010-2012 for promotion of high-tech industry projects of high-tech industrialization for new energy, civil aerospace, advanced major equipment, bio-medicine, electronic information and new materials and for rolling application. Towns, sub-districts and related parks should give their corresponding support as well as the case may be. At the same time, effectively mobilize the enthusiasm of all sectors of the society and give full play to the leading role of the market.
2) The major projects entitled to support mainly include four categories:
(i) The major projects of high-tech industrialization The major projects of high-tech industrialization means transformed projects of independent technological innovation results with the engineering integration, demonstration as the main content, or large-scale application as the goal.
(ii) The key scientific and technological projects of high-tech industry. The projects of research projects of major technical equipment which can form independent intellectual property and the industrial generic and key technology research projects which are urgently required to optimize and upgrade key industry structure as well as public-platform projects which will provide technical services support to high-tech industrialization.
(iii) The projects introduced by regional headquarters of multinational companies and domestic corporate headquarters (or regional headquarters), which means regional headquarters of multinational companies identified by municipal responsible department and the domestic corporate headquarters (or regional headquarters) of considerable size.
(iv) Other major projects in the process of promoting high-tech industrialization.
3) Support methods and standards:
Mainly include capital injection, loan discount, investment subsidies and supplementary support to higher-level supporting funds. Generally the support proportion of special funds to major projects of high-tech industrialization will not exceed 10% of the newly-added total investment, and the maximum will not exceed RMB 30 million yuan, The support proportion of special funds to scientific and technological project of major industry will not exceed 30% of projects R & D expenses, and the maximum will not exceed RMB 10 million yuan. The support standard should be implemented by referencing <Management Method of Special Fund for Development of Major Projects of Independent Innovation and high-tech Industry> (HFF  38).
(3) Set up a fund for introduction of Venture Capital
The District Government has set up a fund for venture capital of total amount of RMB 500 million yuan which will be input on year-to-year basis starting from 2010 with annual input of RMB 100 million yuan, and will operate in accordance with <Fund Management Method of Minhang District for Introduction of Venture Capital Fund>.
(4) Set up a fund for subject and policy study of high-tech industrialization development
The district Government will allocate RMB 2 million yuan every year from 2010-2012 to serve as a special fund for subject and policy study of high-tech industrialization development and formulate management method of the special fund to upgrade the ability of regional industrial planning, guidance and policy-making in a form of purchasing services by the government to enhance anti-risk ability of backbone enterprises. The focus will be laid on purchasing high-tech industry technology and the latest international and domestic research achievements in respect of the market to provide them free of charge to research institutions, industrial parks and key enterprises within the district. Regularly release subject information promoting the development of high-tech industries of Minhang District (5-10 focal subjects each year).
(5) Encourage leading enterprises and key enterprises grow bigger and stronger
Encourage to introduce leading enterprises of high-tech industries and key enterprises, strengthen land input, capital investment and guarantee supply of elements. The District Planning and Land Bureau will strengthen overall co-ordination and support centralized development of high-tech industry and construction of specialized industry functional areas based on requirements for urban development and industrial agglomeration. Establish industry admittance condition and ensure development priority of identified newly added investment projects which is of great importance to high-tech industrialization in public transfer of land use right in the form of "bidding, auction and affiliation.
(6) Encourage the development of industrial technology alliances
Institutions of higher learning, research institutions, enterprise group are encouraged to jointly establish technology alliances among industries with key generic technology. The total investment will be above RMB 10 million (inclusive), the maximum one-time funding will not exceed RMB 1 million yuan.
(7) Accelerate the introduction and training of personnel
Introduce oversea high-level talents, recommend a name list which can be listed “One Thousand Persons Plan” of state and Shanghai levels and strive for policy support form the state and the municipality by relying on platforms of main innovation projects, key R & D institutions, high-tech parks. The returned experts listed in “One Thousand Persons Plan” will be given support by formulating <Implementation Advice on Acceleration of Introduction of Oversea High-level Innovation Talents in Minhang District".
Speed up construction of apartment building for talents. Plan to construct a batch of talent apartments in the form of government buy-back, park construction, social construction. The high-tech industries experts urgently required by this district who are included in talent introduction plan shall be given priority to solve their transitional housing.
3 Specific Industry Policies
(1) New Energy Industry
1) The project of new solar cell production line will be given support of 10% of total equipment investment and the maximum support will not exceed RMB 30 million yuan. The above support may be given in the form of capital injection, loan discount, investment subsidy.
2) The subsidy will be given in the way of purchasing green electricity and encouraging energy-saving and reducing energy consumption for the enterprises and public institutions in this District which apply solar energy product manufactured by the enterprises within this District. Generally the subsidy will be given based on 10% of equipment investment and the maximum will no exceed RMB 3 million yuan. A batch of demonstrated micro-solar power stations and new energy application projects will be introduced in the public facilities such as schools, hospitals which are built with financial funds.
3) Promote the city photovoltaic building integration applications, integration and promotion of key common technologies used by solar PV building to support the projects in realization of componentization and integration of components and building for priority access to the central financial support by implementing the policies of encouraging the development of solar energy photovoltaic industry in <Implementation Advice on Accelerating the Promotion of Application of Solar PV Building> (CJ  128) and < Interim Regulations of Fund Management of Financial Subsidy Used by Solar PV Building> (CJ  129).
(2) Civil Aerospace Industry
1) Implement the preferential policy issued by the state and Shanghaito support the development of civil aerospace industry. Strive for higher-level fund support for major projects and the District will offer complementary support. Speed up the process of promoting SMEs’ coordination with aerospace high-tech industrialization.
2) Build a platform of production, learning and research of civil aerospace. Prepare development plan in industrialization of civil aerospace manufacturing industry in this District in respect to large aircraft, commercial aircraft engine, avionic. Do a better work in coordination and linkage with main enterprises responsible for major civil aerospace projects by research institutes, institutions of higher learning, key units, supporting enterprises.
(3) Advanced major equipment industry
1) Strive to list the construction of thermal power equipment manufacturing industry base, strong industrial base in smart grid, rail transportation equipment industrial base, large casting hot forging base in the construction planning of municipal industrial bases of advance major equipment. Actively strive for related policy support by the state andShanghai, and the District will offer complementary support. Public works and key projects on the industrial base should be included the "green channel" of approval and will be given priority support in respect of planning, land targets, environmental protection, base infrastructure facilities, funding, and human resources.
2) Implementation of reward policy for first set of advanced major equipment. The District government will grant award 1:1 on basis of funding amount of special fund for independent enterprise innovation in Shanghai to the project which is included in municipal research special project of advanced major equipment and has produced its first set of machine or has made outstanding contribution. The incentive standard will not greater than 20% of total R & D input and a maximum will not exceed RMB 4 million yuan. The District government will grant award up to 20% of total R & D input and a maximum will not exceed RMB 1 million yuan to the project which is included in district-level research special project of advanced major equipment and has produced its first set of machine or has made outstanding contribution.
3) Implementation of risk subsidy policy for first set of advanced major equipment. The project owner is encouraged to use the first set of domestic major technical equipment and guide the project owners to insure for the first set equipment. The District will give appropriate risk funding to the user in Shanghai who has purchased and used major technical equipment manufactured by the enterprises in this District which are listed in significant breakthrough plan of Shanghai’s first set of major technical equipment. The funding standards will not be more than 10% of the purchasing price of the equipment and the maximum will not exceed 1 million yuan.
4) Encouragement of imports of key equipment. Provide discount interest support to the main equipment which can not be developed and produced domestically at present and urgently needed in technological industrialization as well as key parts which can not be developed and produced domestically at present and require import in developing and producing major technical equipment encouraged by the state.
(4) Biomedical industry
1) Give strong support to biomedical enterprises in this District to apply for state, Shanghai and Minhang District biomedical R & D projects and industrialization projects. The District finance will give 1:1 supplementary support to the biomedical R & D projects and industrialization projects enjoying higher-level support.
2) The new medicine and medical apparatus or new bio-pharmaceutical products developed and produced in this District will be given priority to be listed in independent innovation product catalog. The medical institutions built with financial fund and medical institutions related to medicine selection and purchase are encouraged to preferentially purchase biomedical products listed in the independent innovation product catalog. Actively promote independent innovation biomedical products to enter the "Catalog of the Basic Medical Insurance and Work-related Injury Insurance for Shanghai Urban Workers"
(5) Electronic Information Industry
1) The district, towns (sub-districts) and related parks will give corresponding fund support in the form of discount interest in accordance with the requirements for special fund support to key project in Shanghai to the parks of international financial disaster recovery and outsourcing services, the parks of international logistics software and information services, the parks of international telecommunications value-added services as well as the projects of high-generation production line of flat panel display industry, projects of OLED pilot line and supporting industrial projects, projects of IDTV, digital TV industry chain, integration industry projects of Internet of things, "triple play" (integration of telecommunications networks, cable TV networks and the internet), mobile TV.
2) The parks concentrating software and information services are encouraged to provide 1:1 support based on municipal support fund to the parks classified as industry base of software and information service industry of state and municipal level, animation and digital content industry base in the park. The function zones which meet the application requirement will be given a subsidy up to 50% of total plan production costs and the maximum will not exceed RMB 800,000 yuan.
3) Encourage registration of software enterprises and software products. One-time funding support of RMB 10,000 yuan will be given to software enterprise identified by responsible municipal department. One-time funding support of RMB 5,000 yuan will be given to software enterprise obtaining software product registration as identified by responsible municipal department.
4) Encourage popularization and application of independent innovation products such as third-generation mobile communications (TD-SCDMA), Internet of things, "triple play", digital TV, IPTV, domestic systems and application software products and the establishment of demonstration projects. A subsidy of 10%-20% of total investment will be given to the project which meet the requirements as the case may be and the maximum subsidy will not exceed RMB 1 million yuan.
(6) New materials industry
1) Strive for inclusion of new materials industry in development priorities and industrial distribution of high-tech industrialization and actively seek to related policy support given by the state and Shanghai. The District will provide supplementary support.
2) The enterprise which develops raw material substituting imported raw materials in developing major technical equipment and products (in accordance with related catalog in CGS  No. 55 document) will be given special subsidy up to RMB 1 million yuan after being reviewed by District Government. This subsidy shall be mainly used to support production of new materials and related parts and independent capacity building.
(7) Smart Power Grid Industry
The key support to strong smart grid shall be given to UHV AC-DC transformer system built with ultra-high voltage grid as the backbone grid, digital substation system, energy storage systems and system integration technology. The district Government shall give an extra 5% of R & D expense to the major projects included in city major special projects in addition to enjoying universal policy and the maximum will not exceed RMB 5 million yuan.
(8) New energy automotive industry
1) Encourage research and development of new energy vehicles, and the appropriate support will be provided to supplement municipal support funds.
2) Strengthen the procurement support to new energy vehicles manufactured in this District. Promote the establishment of 1-3 pure electric or hybrid electric bus lines on demonstration basis. Each new energy bus of the demonstrated line will be given 10% fund subsidy and the maximum will not exceed RMB 100,000 yuan.
4 .Other matters
1 The policy to support promotion of high-tech industrialization in this district shall follow this implementation advice. The working procedures shall be prepared by related District function departments. This advice shall prevail if any original support policy of six major high-tech industries of this district is inconsistent with this advice. In case of any discrepancy with related policies of the state and Shanghai, the higher-level policies shall prevail.
2) One project will follow the higher standard and shall not repeatedly enjoy policy support, subsidy or incentives from the District finance.
3) This implementation period of the advice will be from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2012 which shall be interpreted by the District Economic Commission, the District Science and Technology commission, District Government Research Office.
Minhang District Economic Commission
Minhang District Science and Technology Commission
Minhang District Government Research Office
Keywords: Economic ManagementIndustrializationAdviseNotice
Attribute：Actively made public
CC: Office of District Committee of CPC, Office of District NPC, Office of District CPPCC
Minhang District People's Government OfficeIssued: March 30, 2010
(A total of 50 copies printed)